The photograph was taken as President William Howard Taft signed the bill to make New Mexico as state in 1912.
This photograph is part of the Harris & Ewing Collection at the Library of Congress.
|Historical Event:||Statehood (1912)|
|Sub Event:||US Government Role|
|Origin:||Harris & Ewing Collection, Library of Congress|
|Date:||January 6, 1912|
|Author:||Harris & Ewing|
- Public Meeting Information 1864
- 1848 Map of Western Territories
- Fillmore's Nomination of James S. Calhoun as 1st Governor of NM Territory
- Admission to Statehood
- Memorial of the Territory of New Mexico Seeking Admission as a State
- 1912 Electoral Vote Tally
- The Next Candidate for Statehood
- Waiting for their Stars
- Greeting President Roosevelt at Albuquerque
- Joint Resolution 14 to Admit Arizona and New Mexico to US
- Credentials for the first US Senators from NM
- Enters the Sisterhood of States
- ARTICLE XXI, Compact with the United States
An educational resource for New Mexico high school history programs.