This political cartoon shows Pershing “pursuit” of Pancho Villa in Mexico. The cartoon is making fun at the fact that Pershing was having difficulty in finding and capturing Villa. The cartoon was published in 1916 and is part of the Cabinet of American Illustration Collection at the Library of Congress.
|Document Type:||Political Cartoon|
|Historical Event:||New Mexico Role in WW I Era (1916-1919)|
|Sub Event:||Pancho Villa Invades NM|
|Origin:||Cabinet of American Illustration Collection, Library of Congress|
- Mexican War 1914: Large Group of Federal Prisoners
- Hand Carving up a map of Southwestern United States
- Pershing's Camp
- General Pershing at Camp
- General Pershing
- Villa & Staff, Mexico
- Zimmermann Telegram
- General Francisco (Pancho) Villa on Horseback
- Almost Escapes on Villa's Horse
- Pancho Villa - Uncle Sam Berryman Cartoon
An educational resource for New Mexico high school history programs.