This short announcement in March of 1891 describes Federal action establishing a court for the adjudication of private Spanish and Mexican land grant claims.
|Document Type:||Newspaper Article|
|Historical Event:||Statehood (1912)|
|Sub Event:||Land Grants|
|Origin:||Santa Fe Daily New Mexican|
|Date:||March 2, 1891|
The bill establishing a court for the adjudication of private Spanish and Mexican land grant claims has passed and will become law; this is the best news New Mexico has had for many a long day.
- Chilili Demands Presented
- Spanish-American Family Farm
- Tributary of the Rio Costilla
- Rio Hondo Land
- New Map of Texas with Land Grants
- Railroad Land Grants - NM Territory
- Judge McFie's Baby Case in the Supreme Court
- Joseph's Joint Resolution
- Simms' Mesa Tract Will Be Fully Developed
- Advertisement: The Maxwell Land Grant
- ARTICLE II, Bill of Rights
An educational resource for New Mexico high school history programs.